If you want to heal and improve your health quickly and efficiently, follow this routine:
* Every morning, drink roughly 16 ounces of celery juice on an empty stomach. Make sure it’s fresh, plain celery juice with no other ingredients. Celery juice is a medicinal, not a caloric drink, so you’ll still need breakfast afterward to power you through the morning. Simply wait at least 15 minutes after drinking your celery juice before consuming anything else.
* If you’re sensitive and 16 ounces is too much, start with a smaller amount and work your way up.
* Use organic celery whenever possible. If you’re using conventional celery, be sure to wash it especially well before juicing.
* If you find the taste of straight celery juice too strong, you can juice one cucumber and/or one apple with the celery. This is a great option as you get adjusted to the flavor. As you get used to it, keep increasing the ratio of celery; the greatest benefits come when celery juice is consumed on its own.
CELERY JUICE RECIPE
Plain, fresh celery juice is one of the most powerful healing juices available to us. This clean, green drink is the very best way to start your day. Make this juice a part of your daily routine, and soon you won’t want to go a day without it! You do need a juicer for this.
1 bunch celery
Rinse the celery and run it through a juicer. Drink immediately for best results.
Alternatively, you can chop the celery and blend it in a high-speed blender until smooth. Strain well and drink immediately.
This is a vegan version of the popular Bone Broth
4 carrots, chopped or 1 sweet potato, cubed
2 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
2 onions, sliced
1 cup parsley, finely chopped
1 cup of shiitake mushrooms, fresh or dried (optional)
2 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
1 bulb of garlic (about 6-8 cloves), minced
1 inch of fresh ginger root
1 inch of fresh turmeric root
8 cups of water
Optional: Chili peppers or red pepper flakes
Place all the ingredients in a pot and bring to a gentle boil. Turn heat down to low and allow to simmer for about an hour. Strain and sip for a mineral rich, healing and restorative broth or leave the veggies in to enjoy as a light healing soup.
I’m a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy.
Wild Blueberry Mini Muffins
¼ cup white chia seeds
1 cup mashed banana
½ cup gluten-free oat flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup frozen wild blueberries
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Place the white chia seeds in the blender alone and blend them on high until finely ground. Add the mashed banana, oat flour, baking powder, sea salt, maple syrup, and lemon juice into the blender and blend until smoothly combined into batter.
Pour the batter into a bowl and stir in the frozen wild blueberries. Line a mini muffin pan with 16 mini parchment baking cups and fill each with 1 heaping tablespoon of batter.
Place the mini muffin pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the tops of the muffins are turning golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool before eating. They will continue to firm up inside as they cool.
Makes 16 muffins
My Fav Green Juice
Using your blender, Vitamix, or NutriBullet
A handful of fresh parsley
A handful of spinach
A handful of cilantro
1 tsp of Spirulina
1 tsp of Barley Juice Grass Powder
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1TBSP of raw honey
Fill up blender with filtered water and blend until bright beautiful green!!
Homemade Elderberry Syrup
A simple elderberry syrup recipe made with dried elderberries, honey and herbs for an immune boosting and delicious syrup. Can be used medicinally or on homemade pancakes or waffles.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings 4 cups
Calories 6 kcal
Author Katie Wells
2/3 cup of black elderberries or 1 1/3 cups fresh or frozen
3 1/2 cups of filtered water
2 TBSP fresh or dried ginger root
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp cloves or clove powder
1 cup raw honey
Pour water into medium saucepan and add elderberries, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour until the liquid has reduced by almost half.
Remove from heat and let cool until it is cool enough to be handled.
Mash the berries carefully using a spoon or other flat utensil.
Pour through a strainer into a glass jar or bowl.
Discard the elderberries and let the liquid cool to lukewarm.
When it is no longer hot, add the honey and stir well.
When the honey is well mixed into the elderberry mixture, pour the syrup into a quart sized mason jar or 16 ounce glass bottle of some kind.
Ta-da! You just made homemade elderberry syrup! Store in the fridge and take daily for its immune boosting properties. Some sources recommend taking only during the week and not on the weekends to boost immunity.
Instant Pot option: Put all ingredients except honey in pot, seal lid, and set manually for 9 minutes on high pressure. Vent pressure and strain. When cooled to room temperature, stir in the honey.Standard dose is ½ tsp – 1 tsp for kids and ½ – 1 tablespoon for adults. If the flu does strike, take the normal dose every 2-3 hours instead of once a day until symptoms disappear.
Heavy Metal Detox
The best way to remove heavy metals is to consume these five items every day (within 24 hours of eachother)
- Barley grass juice extract powder: draws out heavy metals from your spleen, intestinal tract, pancreas, and reproductive system. Barley grass juice extract powder prepares the mercury for complete absorption by the spirulina. Drink 1-2 teaspoons mixed into water or juice.
Best Brand- Vimergy- https://amzn.to/2yBqpfO
- Spirulina (preferably from Hawaii): draws out heavy metals from your brain, central nervous system, and liver and absorbs heavy metals extracted by your barley grass juice extract powder. Take 1-2 teaspoons mixed in water, coconut water or juice.
Best Brand- Pure Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica- https://amzn.to/2ELD45j
- Cilantro- goes deep into hard to reach places, extracting metals from yesteryear. Blend one cup in a smoothie or juice, or add to salad, pesto or guacamole. Buy organic if possible. ½ cup
- Wild Blueberries (only from Maine and in the frozen section)
Draws heavy metals out of your brain. Also heal and repairs any gaps created when heavy metals are removed, which is especially important for your brain tissue. This is the most powerful food for reversing Alzheimers. Eat at least a cup daily. OR you can buy Wild Blueberry Powder and use 1 tsp in your smoothie. Best brand-https://amzn.to/2RD048c
Best Frozen Brand-I love Wymans and most big box grocery stores carries them in the frozen section.
- Atlantic Dulse- binds to mercury, lead, aluminum, copper, cadmium, and nickel, and crosses the blood brain barrier. Unlike other seaweeds, Atlantic Dulse is a powerful force for removing mercury on its own. Dulse goes into deep hidden places of the body, seeking out mercury, binding to it, and never releasing it until it leaves the body. Eat 2 Tablespoons of flakes daily, or an equal amount of strips if its whole leaf.
Best Brand-Maine Coast Sea Vegetables Dulse Flakes. https://amzn.to/2CJBZbu